Friday, April 17, 2015

Sure it Fits

Yes, yes, yes. Well, all my years of sewing I've never had a slipper actually fit my chest area. Well today, I finished making the bodice of my Sure Fit Designs and it's a hit. I just need to bring the front dart back a little as it's not suppose to be right at the apex. it's suppose to be 1 to ½ inches from the apex. But hey, that is not a problem. I can do that. The arms were excellent. I had to try to get a few measurements myself so I was off a few. The sleeves were at least 1" too short. the dart on the sleeve looks like it could do down a bit toward my elbow more. Otherwise, I have no complaints. It fits. It fits so well I could put buttons on it and lower the sleeves and fix the dart and hey, it's better then the craftsy class, just saying. This one did not frustrate me at all. Just took it slow. Did a little at a time. Listen to the DVDs before proceeding and it came together for me. With doing this yourself, you know where to fix what. If it was done by someone else you would not understand it. Doing is learning for me. Now also to work on easing in that shoulder caps. don't like those.
Sure Fits Designs

No comments: